Sunday 12 January 2014

Review: L'ORÉAL Nude Magique Eau De Tent Foundation

Today I went on a make up spree and got tons of stuff. One of the things I was excited to get was the new L'oreal Nude Magique Eau De Tent Foundation (why do they make such long names?) It's a new formula that's supposed to be weightless and feels like water. It also has an SPF of 18, and claims not to clog your pores. On first impressions, I really love the packaging. It's in a thick glass bottle with a shinny purple cap - however I much prefer a pump rather than pouring it onto my hand/brush. 

When I first dabbed a little on my arm, I was slightly confused/amazed. It's very water based, more than any foundation I've used. But not as thin as water, like they claim - water wouldn't stay on my arm, it would drip right off! The smell isn't great, to me it smells like alcohol or disinfectant, so that's a definite down side. 

I was expecting the coverage to be minimal, and it to feel like a BB/CC Cream rather than a foundation. I was pleasantly surprised because actually, it has more of a medium coverage. When I was putting it on, I couldn't even feel it - it's like I was brushing nothing into my skin - for a very watery foundation the coverage is really good. It also made my skin feel really silky and soft.

I have dry skin, and I feel like this foundation works well with my complexion and skin type. I don't think it would be great for very oily skin, but other than that I think it would work well with most skin types. The colour range isn't great (mine is soft beige) but I think that's probably because it's a new product and they're testing the waters first. It's priced at £9.99 at Boots, and has 20ml. I would prefer a little more product for my money considering it is a drug store foundation, but we'll see how long it lasts. 

Overall this product is really good, in my opinion. It has good coverage, a "no make up feel", and looks vibrant and glowing on the skin. Make sure you give it a sniff first though, because the smell really is off putting. 

Have you tried any new foundations recently? Let me know, I'm on the hunt for new products! 

No comments:

Post a Comment