Wednesday 15 January 2014

Review: Stila Artful Eye Collector's Edition Vol. II Palette

For Christmas, my mum simply told me to link her to the things I want. I'm pretty picky, so picky that it took me hours to even pick something myself. Of course, I was troubled with many options of eye shadow palettes: Urban Decay Naked 3, Lorac Pro, Naked Basics, Pixi Palettes...the list goes on. I then stumbled across this little collector's edition palette by Stila, five eye shadows and all beautiful colours. And at £15, I simply couldn't resist. If you're from the UK like me, I'm afraid the only place I've been able to find that sells them is Selfridges, of course people in the US can probably just walk in and buy it from anyway (ahem Lorac Pro Palette.) 

From left to right: Patchhouli, Ember, Sandalwood, Rosewood, Eclipse

For me, the shades are to die for. 3 copper and gold shimmer shades (which are great for a smokey eye) and a light beige and black. Usually I stay away from many palettes, because I know I won't use half the colours, but I use all of these equally. I use the Patchouli all over my lid, Ember as a crease, Rosewood in the outer corner, Ember in the middle of my lid, and Eclipse along the lash line. If you're a fan of copper and gold shades, this is a must. 

The colours are very vibrant and blendable, a few swishes on your eyelids and you're done. I think the black could be a little darker but it is buildable. They are shimmery, which could put some people off, and perhaps these were meant for the party season. But I say hell no to all that rubbish, I want to be shimmery 24/7! 

If you're a neutral palette freak like me, I think this palette would be great for you. I've been using it non stop and copper/gold lids is my new make up look. 

Have you discovered an eye shadow palette?  Let me know, I need some more lid love in my life!

No comments:

Post a Comment